Save to BigOven
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 5 ounces butter
- 2 large Eggs
- 1/2 cup lemon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Grease and line the base and sides of a 7-inch springform tin with a baking paper
- In a food processor, add the flour, 2.5 oz of butter and 1 slightly beaten egg.
- Pulse until its crumbly.
- Divide the dough into two.
- Press one half of the dough into the base of the tin and set aside.
- Prepare the lemon curd by placing 1/2 cup lemon juice, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, slightly beaten egg and 2.5 oz butter in a saucepan.
- Stir continuously until thickened, on low heat.
- Pour the lemon curd onto the cake base.
- Top with the remaining crumble mix.
- Bake until golden brown for 30 minutes.
- Cool and remove from springform tin
- Dust with confectioners sugar and serve.
| Amount Per Serving: |
| Calories || 348.91 kcal |
| % Daily Value* |
| Total Fat 21.53 g || 33.1% |
| || Saturated Fat 12.66 g || 63.3% |
| || Trans Fat 0.78 g || |
| Cholesterol 112.79 mg || 37.6% |
| Sodium 27.02 mg || 1.1% |
| Total Carbohydrate 37.71 g || 12.6% |
| || Dietary Fiber 2.67 g || 10.7% |
| || Sugars 20.8 g || |
| Protein 4.66 g || |
| Vitamin A 20.94 % || Vitamin C 10.4 % |
| Calcium 3.43 % || Iron 7.14 % |
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2021 Winosity 2019
Baking is a science and is all about exact measurements. Follow these simple steps to create this easy and simple lemon cake.
There are a number of health benefits from lemons. They can improve digestion and even help control weight. A great way to savor the deliciousness of this fruit is to bake it. Baking is one of the healthiest cooking methods you can use.
If you’re looking for more zing from this lemon cake, add the zest to the curd. A honey drizzle over the top of the cake would be good too.
Thinking about lemon and wines? We have a number of suggestions for you, check the list below:
Late Harvest White Wines
Alsacian Pinot Gris
Do you want a more personalized wine recommendation? Use Winosity’s wine recommendation engine and wine journal app to find a wine that suits you.