Save to BigOven
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 celery stalks
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup Parmesan
- 2 large Fennel
- 2 large Granny Smith Apples
- 1 small red onion -- sliced
- Slice the apples, onion,fennel, and celery into crescents.
- Reserve fennel tops for garnish.
- Roughly chop the walnuts.
- Place all vegetables in a large bowl.
- Shave Parmesan into strips and set aside
- Whisk lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper together in a small bowl.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss.
- When serving add a few shavings of Parmesan and Fennel tops.
| Amount Per Serving: |
| Calories || 288.26 kcal |
| % Daily Value* |
| Total Fat 19.05 g || 29.3% |
| || Saturated Fat 5.03 g || 25.2% |
| || Trans Fat 0.0 g || |
| Cholesterol 12.64 mg || 4.2% |
| Sodium 580.55 mg || 24.2% |
| Total Carbohydrate 22.45 g || 7.5% |
| || Dietary Fiber 5.6 g || 22.4% |
| || Sugars 13.61 g || |
| Protein 8.37 g || |
| Vitamin A 8.5 % || Vitamin C 14.65 % |
| Calcium 27.27 % || Iron 5.42 % |
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2021 Winosity 2019
This zesty fennel salad recipe can be served as a early course in a multi-course meal or as an entreé. This recipe doesn’t include other aromatics besides onions and fennel. But, you can include others as you like. Thyme or parsley would be very nice additions.
A steely white would be nice with this fennel salad recipe. Here are our suggestions for pairings.
- Pinot Grigio
- Sauvignon Blanc
Check this Creamy Avocado & Potato Salad!