- 1 (9 inches) store-bought pie crust
- 3 cups whole milk
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 bananas
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Blind bake a 9-inch pie crust dough for 10 minutes.
- In a large saucepan, bring the milk to a simmer.
- In another saucepan, combine the sugar, flour, and salt; gradually stir in the scalded milk.
- Over medium heat, stirring constantly, cook until thickened.
- Cover and stir occasionally.
- Cook for two minutes.
- In a small bowl, have the 3 egg yolks, slightly beaten, ready; stir a small amount of the hot mixture into beaten yolks.
- When thoroughly combined, stir yolks into the hot mixture.
- Cook for one minute longer, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and blend in the butter, ground cinnamon, and vanilla.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes.
- When ready to pour, slice bananas and scatter in pie crust.
- Pour warm mixture over bananas.
- Let the pie cool until serving.
© 2020 Winosity 2019
This banana cream pie recipe is a no-bake homemade pie that is rich, silky, and indulgent, yet so light and dreamy.
You can make your own pie crust dough if you have time. Pie crust can be made ahead of time. You can store it in the refrigerator for 5 days or in the freezer for a month or two. You can check out this Drunken Peach Pie Recipe for a crusty pie crust recipe.
You can make the filling 1 day ahead of time as well. Make sure you place a piece of plastic wrap directly on top of the warm pudding before storing it in the refrigerator. As an alternate topping, you can make a meringue to top the pie using the 3 egg whites.
In addition, you can drizzle this with a good chocolate ganache and chopped walnuts.
A show-stopping banana cream pie recipe for a perfect afternoon snack idea. Sweet wine can be paired with this delectable dessert.
- Sweet Riesling Sauterne
- Chenin Blanc
- Late Harvest