- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 6 tbsp melted unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup packed light sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Use cupcake liners for a 12-count muffin pan.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- On medium speed, beat in the melted butter, mashed bananas, brown sugar, egg, vanilla extract, and milk.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, then beat or whisk until combined.
- Spoon the batter into liners, filling them to the top.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Allow the muffins to cool for 5 minutes in the muffin pan, then transfer to a wire rack to continue cooling.
© 2020 Winosity 2019
An incredibly soft, moist banana muffin recipe made with kitchen and pantry staples. A kid-friendly recipe that makes a great afternoon snack idea.
Although good on its own, you can jazz up this dish. You can substitute brown sugar with the same amount of coconut sugar or granulated sugar. Liquid sweeteners aren’t great for this recipe though. A great tip to prevent the top and sides from getting too brown in the baking process is to loosely cover the bread with aluminum foil after 30 minutes. When you take the muffins out of the oven, insert a toothpick into the center. If it comes out clean then the bread is cooked.
You can add chopped walnuts, pecans, or chocolate chips. Muffins stay fresh covered at room temperature for a few days or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Savor this simple banana muffin recipe with a good bottle of sweet wine. Here are our top wine suggestions:
Check this out! Apple and Cinnamon Muffin Recipe & Homemade Blueberry Muffins