Cheesy Baked Oyster and Spinach
Save to BigOven
- 16 fresh oysters
- 5 oz ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Monterey jack cheese
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 4 oz bacon
- 1 oz chopped spinach
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut bacon into smaller pieces and cook until crisp. Set aside to cool.
- Shuck the oysters and leave them in the bottom half of the shell.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Squeeze the chopped spinach to remove excess moisture.
- In a bowl, combine ricotta, Monterey jack cheese, cheddar, bacon bits, spinach, garlic powder, and smoked paprika.
- Set the oysters in their shells on the baking sheet.
- Scoop a dollop of cheese filling and top over the oyster.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until the cheese is golden. Serve warm.
| Amount Per Serving: |
| Calories || 450.96 kcal |
| % Daily Value* |
| Total Fat 28.25 g || 43.5% |
| || Saturated Fat 12.45 g || 62.3% |
| || Trans Fat 0.13 g || |
| Cholesterol 158.86 mg || 53% |
| Sodium 666.88 mg || 27.8% |
| Total Carbohydrate 13.5 g || 4.5% |
| || Dietary Fiber 0.5 g || 2% |
| || Sugars 0.64 g || |
| Protein 34.33 g || |
| Vitamin A 34.7 % || Vitamin C 20.02 % |
| Calcium 32.76 % || Iron 61.23 % |
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2021 Winosity 2019
Baked oysters are usually served as an appetizer for wine tasting menus since they are light, have a distinctive taste and party vibe. Oysters have a deliciously briny and flavorful meat and are considered a delicacy around the world.
Oysters are packed with nutrients. They’re high in vitamins and minerals. They are also a versatile ingredient. They can be a great addition to pasta dishes or stews and soups. You can also fry them in bread crumbs to create a great texture. Try our fried oyster recipe. You can also grill the oysters to create a delicious twist on most regular oyster recipes.
This baked oyster recipe has a cheese filling with four types of cheese. You can omit the smoked paprika if you don’t like the smoky flavor.
A great combination with this dish would be a sparkling wine.
Here are the top sparkling wine to pair with this recipe:
- Metodo Classico
Do you want a more personalized wine recommendation? Use Winosity’s wine recommendation engine and wine journal app to find a wine that suits you.