This easy chicken alfredo pasta will give you a tasty penne pasta dish with a rich and creamy sauce perfect for an afternoon snack idea and a tasty dinner. This creamy chicken alfredo recipe is so simple and a great recipe to make at home.
Alfredo Sauce is the most creamy and delicious homemade sauce that you will ever make! A simple but elegant creamy, white sauce that is common with pasta. But the homemade version is so much better.
Adding seasonings and cream cheese to thicken the sauce would be a great idea. Using garlic powder would be an excellent choice to save some time mincing the garlic cloves. Dried Italian seasoning would also be a great thing to add to this chicken alfredo pasta recipe.
Do not overcook your pasta. The pasta is ‘al dente’ if it is properly cooked, but does not stick to itself and opposes a slight resistance to chewing.
A creamy pasta dish that can be a great pair with the best white wines. Here are our top wine suggestions:
Check out this delicious pasta recipes: Creamy Pasta with Brown Butter and Sage & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Do you want a more personalized wine recommendation? Use Winosity’s wine recommendation engine and wine journal app to find a wine that suits you.
Chicken Alfredo Pasta with Crispy Bacon
Save to BigOven
- 15 oz dried penne
- 17 oz boneless chicken breast
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 oz butter
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 5 oz Honey-cured bacon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 oz parsley
- Cut the bacon into bite-sized pieces and cook until crisp.
- Cook pasta according to package, set aside, and reserve 1/2 cup pasta water.
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Season the chicken bites with salt and pepper.
- Sear the chicken over-heated oil.
- Add butter, minced garlic, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Whisk in the cream, parmesan, and nutmeg until thick.
- Add the reserved pasta water.
- Toss the cooked pasta.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and crispy bacon bits.
| Amount Per Serving: |
| Calories || 846.78 kcal |
| % Daily Value* |
| Total Fat 51.22 g || 78.8% |
| || Saturated Fat 24.19 g || 121% |
| || Trans Fat 0.43 g || |
| Cholesterol 158.51 mg || 52.8% |
| Sodium 604.2 mg || 25.2% |
| Total Carbohydrate 56.31 g || 18.8% |
| || Dietary Fiber 2.66 g || 10.6% |
| || Sugars 3.5 g || |
| Protein 39.01 g || |
| Vitamin A 35.66 % || Vitamin C 7.6 % |
| Calcium 35.84 % || Iron 12.46 % |
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2021 Winosity 2019