Citrusy Fish Escabeche Recipe
Save to BigOven
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 oz red bell pepper
- 1 oz green bell pepper
- 1 oz yellow bell pepper
- 1 oz onion
- 2 oz carrots
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup grapefruit juice
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 12 oz pacific black cod fillets
- 1/2 cup flour for dredging
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pat dry the fish fillets dry with a paper towel.
- Sprinkle them on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place flour on a plate and dredge the fillets in the flour on both sides.
- Heat 1/4 cup of oil a frying pan on high heat.
- Fry the fillets for 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove the fish from the pan and transfer to a serving plate.
- Heat 1/2 cup olive oil in a large sauté pan on medium-high heat.
- Sauté the julienned bell peppers, chopped onions, chopped carrots, soy sauce, and until softened for 5 minutes.
- Stir in vinegar, grapefruit juice, bay leaf, remove from heat, and set aside.
- Pour and cover with vegetable-vinegar mixture.
- Serve on a small plate or a crostini for an appetizer.
| Amount Per Serving: |
| Calories || 527.72 kcal |
| % Daily Value* |
| Total Fat 41.42 g || 63.7% |
| || Saturated Fat 5.77 g || 28.9% |
| || Trans Fat 0.0 g || |
| Cholesterol 36.57 mg || 12.2% |
| Sodium 615.85 mg || 25.7% |
| Total Carbohydrate 20.5 g || 6.8% |
| || Dietary Fiber 1.59 g || 6.4% |
| || Sugars 5.84 g || |
| Protein 17.82 g || |
| Vitamin A 15.87 % || Vitamin C 52.93 % |
| Calcium 3.72 % || Iron 6.84 % |
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2021 Winosity 2019
This delicious escabeche recipe is a perfect quick and easy weeknight meal. This extraordinary fish recipe is an excellent light meal for dinner.
Escabeche is a dish of Spanish origin in which seared meat or fish is marinated in an acidic marinade. Fish escabeche is similar to ceviche. However, the fish is partially cook.
It works great in quick fish tacos. Just take a basic cheese taco and add a bit of the fish, peppers, and onions. Normally you wouldn’t use melted cheddar in a fish taco, but because the cheese cuts through the acidity, it works. You can eat the escabeche a few hours after you prepare it, but it will be better if you let it marinate for half a day. The fish will firm up and have a better texture.
You can add half of the habanero to add a little heat to this citrusy escabeche.
A healthy escabeche recipe that can be prepared in less than 30 minutes. Savor this easy meal idea with white wines. Here are the top wine choices for a wine pairing:
You may also try this Codfish Hash — A Brunch Recipe.
Do you want a more personalized wine recommendation? Use Winosity’s wine recommendation engine and wine journal app to find a wine that suits you.