Creamy Beef Stroganoff Pasta
- 1 lb dry Fusilli pasta
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 oz onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 lb Bella mushrooms
- 24 oz lean beef fillet steaks
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups beef stock
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup crème fraîche
- Freshly chopped parsley to garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta according to instructions. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, add oil and sear steak strips in high heat and in batches until brown.
- And transfer to a plate.
- Add butter to the skillet and; add onions and sauté until transparent.
- Then add the garlic and fry until just fragrant.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until the mushrooms are tender.
- Stir in paprika and mustard.
- Add the wine and cook out for 4 minutes.
- Add beef stock, Worcestershire sauce, and bring to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the roux by cooking 2 tablespoons of butter and flour for 2 minutes.
- Add the roux to the skillet and stir until smooth or desired consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add seared steak strips and crème fraîche.
- Serve over cooked pasta and garnish with chopped parsley.
© 2020 Winosity 2019
A close relative of the original version, this beef stroganoff pasta recipe is a perfect weekend family meal idea! You can’t go wrong with this insanely delicious beef recipe, an easy comfort food recipe at its finest. A spinoff of a mushroom stroganoff recipe that the family will love. The sourness and the high-fat content from the Crème fraîche adds an interesting dimension of flavor to this recipe.
The following beef cuts are best in this recipe as they stay tender during the cooking process without drying out. No one loves chewy dried out meat!
- Eye fillet
- Scotch fillet
- Flank steak
Red cabbage, crispy potatoes, or even garlic bread would be lovely in this dish.
One way to level-up your dining experience with this recipe is to pair it with a nice red wine. A semi-dry wine, with medium acidity and tannin levels, are perfect with this. Malbecs are mellow and will not overpower the dish.
You may savor this beef stroganoff pasta with red wine. Here are our top wine suggestions:
- Petite Sirah
You may also check this Russian Pork Stroganoff!