: Undefined index: page in /home/n7f51c5/public_html/wp-content/plugins/zip-recipes-lover/_inc/class.ziprecipes.util.php
on line 502
Creamy Citrus Shrimp Soup
Save to BigOven
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 ounce shallot
- 2 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 ounces garlic
- 14 ounces almond milk
- 1/2 cup bok-choy leaves
- 1 lb peeled large shrimp
- 1 tbsp lime zest
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a heated pan, add oil and sauté the minced shallots until translucent.
- Stir in ginger and chopped garlic, cook until fragrant.
- Add almond milk and 1/4 cup bokchoy leaves. Bring it to a simmer and let it cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in peeled Shrimp, lime zest & juice.
- Continue to simmer until shrimp turn pink, for about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper, and topped with the cilantro and lemon wedges.
| Amount Per Serving: |
| Calories || 166.21 kcal |
| % Daily Value* |
| Total Fat 5.93 g || 9.1% |
| || Saturated Fat 0.91 g || 4.6% |
| || Trans Fat 0.05 g || |
| Cholesterol 142.88 mg || 47.6% |
| Sodium 717.53 mg || 29.9% |
| Total Carbohydrate 12.07 g || 4% |
| || Dietary Fiber 2.14 g || 8.6% |
| || Sugars 1.37 g || |
| Protein 17.52 g || |
| Vitamin A 7.06 % || Vitamin C 18.69 % |
| Calcium 30.51 % || Iron 6.44 % |
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2021 Winosity 2019
This creamy and flavorful shrimp soup is a great combination using almond milk and shrimp. This recipe is inspired by Thai Coconut curry where one of the main ingredients is coconut milk. Coconut milk is common in Asian homes. Here we substitute it with almond milk which is a commonly available in the US. It will give you a rich and flavorful stew and a more soup-like consistency.
You can add any of your favorite herbs and spices to this dish. Some great ones would be cumin, paprika or lemon balm. And a stalk of lemongrass would add a lot of flavor as well.
This shrimp soup recipe is perfect with light-bodied white wines that are herbaceous. Here are our top picks.
- Sauvignon Blanc
- Pinot Blanc
Check our other soup recipe: Zesty Ginger and Peanut Soup