Notice: Undefined index: page in /home/n7f51c5/public_html/wp-content/plugins/zip-recipes-lover/_inc/class.ziprecipes.util.php on line 502
Creamy Coconut and Crab Soup
Save to BigOven
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 thumb-sized ginger
- 1 lemongrass stalk
- 1 lb crabs
- 1/2 lb medium-sized shrimps
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1 ounces spring onions
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, boil water and add salt.
- Cook the crab for 10 minutes and transfer to a bowl to cool.
- Add oil to a hot pan, saute minced garlic and lemongrass stalk for 2 minutes.
- Add the deveined shrimp and crab and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add the smoked paprika, sliced ginger and vegetable stock.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and bring to a boil
- Season with salt and pepper
- Top with finely chopped spring onions and serve immediately.
| Amount Per Serving: |
| Calories || 460.42 kcal |
| % Daily Value* |
| Total Fat 28.43 g || 43.7% |
| || Saturated Fat 16.14 g || 80.7% |
| || Trans Fat 0.01 g || |
| Cholesterol 213.19 mg || 71.1% |
| Sodium 1178.31 mg || 49.1% |
| Total Carbohydrate 13.11 g || 4.4% |
| || Dietary Fiber 2.72 g || 10.9% |
| || Sugars 1.14 g || |
| Protein 40.75 g || |
| Vitamin A 18.43 % || Vitamin C 10.36 % |
| Calcium 23.01 % || Iron 31.91 % |
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2021 Winosity 2019
Fresh, sweet crab is available in any season. You can often buy crab that is already cooked and cleaned but nothing beats freshly cooked crab at your home. Cooking crab is just as easy as cooking dry pasta. You just need salt, boiling water and patience. It takes just 10 minutes and voila, you can eat sweet, fresh crabs. You’ll love this creamy crab soup recipe.
You can add other seafood such as squid, scallops, lobster and many others to increase the variety of flavors. You can also add some vegetables such as potatoes, corn and carrots or top it with fresh coriander.
Pair this crab soup recipe with light bodied white wines that are herbaceous and that also compliment the creaminess of the coco cream. Here are our picks for white wines.
- Sauvignon Blanc