: Undefined index: page in /home/n7f51c5/public_html/wp-content/plugins/zip-recipes-lover/_inc/class.ziprecipes.util.php
on line 502
Creamy Middle Eastern Custard Dessert
Save to BigOven
- 2 oz cornflakes
- 1 oz pistachios
- 32 oz almond milk
- 5 oz silken tofu
- 5 oz soy milk
- 1 oz cornflour
- 3 oz semolina
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp Orange juice
- 1 tbsp Rose Water
- In a food processor, combine chopped pistachios and cornflakes.
- Process until the mixture is very fine. Set aside.
- Combine silken tofu and soy milk in an immersion blender until the mixture reaches a smooth, thick consistency.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Meanwhile, combine milk, tofu-soymilk mixture, cornflour, semolina, half a cup of sugar, a tablespoon of juice, and a tablespoon of rose water.
- Place in a saucepan and cook for 5 minutes at low heat, maintaining the mixture's temperature at 150 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pour the mixture into the ramekins.
- Top with cornflakes.
- Place the ramekins in a water bath and bake in the oven for 15 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Let it cool before serving.
| Amount Per Serving: |
| Calories || 308.19 kcal |
| % Daily Value* |
| Total Fat 5.51 g || 8.5% |
| || Saturated Fat 1.05 g || 5.3% |
| || Trans Fat 0.0 g || |
| Cholesterol 0.0 mg || 0 |
| Sodium 186.85 mg || 7.8% |
| Total Carbohydrate 60.1 g || 20% |
| || Dietary Fiber 2.75 g || 11% |
| || Sugars 34.89 g || |
| Protein 7.33 g || |
| Vitamin A 5.34 % || Vitamin C 3.99 % |
| Calcium 36.04 % || Iron 24.58 % |
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2021 Winosity 2019
A palate pleaser — that is what this creamy custard dessert is all about. Rich and decadent that will cut through a heavy savory recipe. A homemade custard with a crunchy topping that you serve as a delicious dessert for the holidays or any other occasion.
A Middle Eastern dessert that tastes like a crème Brulee, but with a delicious texture from semolina flour and cornflour. The topping acts as another layer of texture — which gives it a unique aroma too.
This vegan brulee is a fun version you can make at home. This recipe uses ingredients that are vegan-friendly and ingredients that you likely have around already. This custard recipe has an awesome flavor combination that is worth a try.
Coconut milk can be substituted for almond milk. Almonds are also a good addition. You can also roast the pistachios to enhance the nutty flavor.
You can prepare this dish this beforehand. It tastes better when reheated. You can either reheat it in the oven or the microwave. If you plan on making it ahead, just make sure that it is covered with cling film before putting it in the freezer.
Open a bottle of sweet wine to pair with this velvety vegan custard. Check these wine selections:
- Vin Santo