Save to BigOven
- 4 ounces unsalted butter
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
- Brush 6 ounce ramekins with melted butter and dust with flour.
- Tap out the excess flour.
- In a double boiler over simmering water, melt the butter into the chocolate.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with the egg yolks, sugar, and salt until thickened.
- Whisk the chocolate until smooth.
- Quickly fold it into the egg mixture.
- Spoon the batter into the ramekins and bake for 12 minutes.
- Let it cool for 1 minute.
- Cover each with an inverted dessert plate and carefully turn each one over.
- Serve immediately
| Amount Per Serving: |
| Calories || 522.4 kcal |
| % Daily Value* |
| Total Fat 39.62 g || 61% |
| || Saturated Fat 23.43 g || 117.2% |
| || Trans Fat 0.94 g || |
| Cholesterol 213.99 mg || 71.3% |
| Sodium 268.62 mg || 11.2% |
| Total Carbohydrate 43.06 g || 14.4% |
| || Dietary Fiber 2.61 g || 10.4% |
| || Sugars 35.8 g || |
| Protein 6.2 g || |
| Vitamin A 28.22 % || Vitamin C 0.0 % |
| Calcium 4.2 % || Iron 11.59 % |
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2021 Winosity 2019
Chocolate molten lava cakes are super easy to make if you get the right timing and the correct temperature. This recipe will solve both of those problems for you. You can add some flavors if you are adventurous such as chili, ginger or cherry extract for a spicy or fruity cake. You may also add some toasted nuts to add a nutty aroma and flavor.
These chocolate molten lava cakes can be paired with luscious dessert wines that match the intensity or the flavor of the chocolate. Here are the top choices in pairing this recipe with sweet wines:
- Vin Santo
Do you want a more personalized wine recommendation? Use Winosity’s wine recommendation engine and wine journal app to find a wine that suits you.