Creamy Pasta with Brown Butter and Sage
Save to BigOven
- 8 ounces dried fettuccine
- 5 tbsp butter
- 20 fresh sage leaves
- 4 tbsp beef stock
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Cook pasta according to package.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a heavy large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add sage leaves and cook until edges curl and butter is dark amber.
- Transfer sage to paper towels.
- Add stock to brown butter.
- Add pasta and 5 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese to brown butter mixture in skillet.
- Toss to coat, season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with fried sage leaves, and finely grated cheese.
| Amount Per Serving: |
| Calories || 392.54 kcal |
| % Daily Value* |
| Total Fat 18.32 g || 28.2% |
| || Saturated Fat 11.16 g || 55.8% |
| || Trans Fat 0.58 g || |
| Cholesterol 44.48 mg || 14.8% |
| Sodium 241.98 mg || 10.1% |
| Total Carbohydrate 46.06 g || 15.4% |
| || Dietary Fiber 3.91 g || 15.6% |
| || Sugars 1.77 g || |
| Protein 11.73 g || |
| Vitamin A 17.28 % || Vitamin C 1.8 % |
| Calcium 21.14 % || Iron 12.75 % |
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2021 Winosity 2019
Creamy Pasta with Brown Butter and Sage: There is something very satisfying and comforting about buttered pasta. A brown butter sauce for pasta can bring a simple pasta dish to the next level with the addition of a few simple ingredients. By the way, this butter sauce would also make an incredible for partner bread.
In case you’re wondering, brown butter is pretty much exactly what it sounds like. You heat butter until the milk solids brown. It creates a great nutty aroma and provides a base flavor. The other nice thing about brown butter is that you can infuse a lot of flavor into it early. And a lot of flavors go well with butter. You can infuse different kinds of herbs such as rosemary, thyme, basil, oregano, and mint.
This pasta recipe is a great accompaniment with rich white wines such as the following: