Curry Noodles – A Vegan Stir-Fry!
Save to BigOven
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 360 grams vermicelli noodles
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 28 grams onion
- 50 grams red bell pepper
- 28 grams yellow bell pepper
- 90 grams snow peas
- 60 grams shiitake mushrooms
- 28 grams green onions
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup crushed nuts
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add rice noodles to a large bowl and cover completely with boiling water.
- Let cook for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking. Drain and set aside.
- Whisk to combine minced garlic, 3 tablespoons of soy sauce, coconut sugar, and lemon juice in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Add chopped shiitake mushrooms.
- Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add chopped onions, snow peas, curry powder, and thin slices of the bell pepper; continue stirring of another 3 minutes.
- Add the sauce mixture.
- Keep stirring for another minute.
- Add vermicelli noodles and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add sesame oil, chopped green onions.
- Serve topped with crushed nuts.
| Amount Per Serving: |
| Calories || 605.68 kcal |
| % Daily Value* |
| Total Fat 23.61 g || 36.3% |
| || Saturated Fat 2.56 g || 12.8% |
| || Trans Fat 0.08 g || |
| Cholesterol 0.0 mg || 0 |
| Sodium 674.45 mg || 28.1% |
| Total Carbohydrate 84.13 g || 28% |
| || Dietary Fiber 6.44 g || 25.8% |
| || Sugars 11.06 g || |
| Protein 16.08 g || |
| Vitamin A 4.03 % || Vitamin C 57.05 % |
| Calcium 6.44 % || Iron 15.67 % |
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2021 Winosity 2019
Curry noodles are very popular in Asian cooking. It is simple and very quick to cook. A noodle dish that has a complex flavor profile, ranging from sweet to sour notes.
Asian-style noodles recipes can include many types of noodles: egg noodles, rice noodles, buckwheat noodles, and many others. The rice noodles used here is a very fine noodle and is most commonly used in stir-fry, soups, and spring rolls. To soften, simply pour hot water over them in a bowl, and drain them when soft.
This stir-fried recipe has the flavors of Indian curry. A perfect combination if you are bored with the same stir-fry recipe you have been trying for over and over again. Adding additional vegetables such as broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower would be a great idea to maximize the health benefits of this wonderful noodle recipe.
This vegan-style curry noodles dish is an excellent choice for those who are following a strict diet and want to try something new. You may use tamari sauce if you want a gluten-free dish. If you can’t find decent white rice noddle, a brown rice noodle can be used instead.
You can pair this curry dish with a refreshing Light & Crisp Cucumber Cocktail.
You may try this recipe with a bottle of light white wine. Here are the top choices for white wines:
- Sauvignon Blanc
- Pinot Blanc
Do you want a more personalized wine recommendation? Use Winosity’s wine recommendation engine and wine journal app to find a wine that suits you.