Delicious Breakfast Potato Omelette
Save to BigOven
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 5 oz medium-sized potatoes
- 2 oz large brown onion
- 3 large eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup pre-cooked green peas
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 oz chopped parsley
- Heat the oil in a nonstick medium-sized pan.
- Fry diced potatoes until crispy, golden and tender.
- Add chopped onions and fry until translucent.
- Add green peas and season with salt and pepper.
- Drain and remove the oil.
- Place back the potatoes, onions, green peas in a single layer over low heat.
- Beat the eggs and pour the egg mixture over the pan.
- Move the potatoes around using a spatula to ensure the eggs are cooked at the bottom.
- Add mozzarella cheese and let it cook further for 2 minutes on low heat.
- Place a big round plate on top of the pan and flip over.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
| Amount Per Serving: |
| Calories || 237.3 kcal |
| % Daily Value* |
| Total Fat 17.82 g || 27.4% |
| || Saturated Fat 5.13 g || 25.7% |
| || Trans Fat 0.01 g || |
| Cholesterol 153.96 mg || 51.3% |
| Sodium 294.09 mg || 12.3% |
| Total Carbohydrate 9.96 g || 3.3% |
| || Dietary Fiber 1.7 g || 6.8% |
| || Sugars 1.73 g || |
| Protein 9.73 g || |
| Vitamin A 12.27 % || Vitamin C 18.19 % |
| Calcium 13.09 % || Iron 8.01 % |
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2021 Winosity 2019
Tired of the same boring breakfast omelet? This potato omelet casserole is an excellent answer if you are looking for an exciting and delicious breakfast for you and your family. Create the perfect omelet by mixing vegetables of your choice but while retaining the wonderful flavors of the potatoes.
You will love this Mediterranean dish since it is simple and has only a few ingredients. Potatoes, onions, and eggs are always the perfect combination when you want a good rustic dish.
A few tasty substitutions for this recipe would be broccolini to add some crunch or ham for a meaty filling. Another great meat substitute is chorizo. It creates a wonderful umami flavor and has several spices in it.
Non-stick pans are always the perfect cooking tool for omelettes. You won’t worry about the eggs sticking on the bottom. You can also fold this omelette recipe to mimic the traditional diner omelette. Just shake the pan gently to loosen any egg or filling from the bottom before folding.
Always be wary of cooking eggs as they are delicate and easy to overcook. You don’t want that overcooked and dried omelet taste.
Serve with a delicious Charred Romaine Salad as a side dish. This potato omelet is a perfect morning and afternoon snack while watching your favorite TV shows.
This egg brunch can be served hot or cold and paired with a glass of delicious rosé wine. Check this wine suggestion we have for you:
- Provencal Rosé
- Bandol Rosé
- Tempranillo Rosé
- Syrah Rosé
Do you want a more personalized wine recommendation? Use Winosity’s wine recommendation engine and wine journal app to find a wine that suits you.