Delicious Slow-Cooked Cabbage Rolls
Save to BigOven
8 hours, 25 minutes
8 hours, 50 minutes
- 1 head of Napa Cabbage
- 3 oz bacon
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 lb ground chicken breast
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup Low Fat Milk
- 1/4 cup Onion
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 15 ounces canned tomatoes
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups beef stock
- Microwave the cabbage on high for about 14 minutes. Let it cool and peel off the leaves.
- In a heated pan, fry the chopped bacon until crispy and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine beef, chicken, egg, milk, chopped onions, and cooked rice. Mix well.
- Scoop out 1/4 cup meat mixture and place onto a cabbage leaf and roll it up, seal it with toothpicks.
- Repeat with other leaves.
- Place all the cabbage rolls in the crockpot.
- Mix together canned tomatoes, beef stock, lemon juice, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the cabbage rolls and top with crispy bacon.
- Cook on low for 8 hours and 25 minutes.
| Amount Per Serving: |
| Calories || 493.51 kcal |
| % Daily Value* |
| Total Fat 29.19 g || 44.9% |
| || Saturated Fat 10.05 g || 50.3% |
| || Trans Fat 0.99 g || |
| Cholesterol 138.58 mg || 46.2% |
| Sodium 1033.27 mg || 43.1% |
| Total Carbohydrate 19.85 g || 6.6% |
| || Dietary Fiber 3.08 g || 12.3% |
| || Sugars 8.45 g || |
| Protein 37.64 g || |
| Vitamin A 40.75 % || Vitamin C 83.07 % |
| Calcium 23.13 % || Iron 25.6 % |
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2021 Winosity 2019
This stuffed slow-cooked cabbage rolls are a traditional Macedonian food that can be served at family dinner parties. You can add some chopped chorizo to the meat mixture to add a smoky flavor. Alternatively, you can use a pork-chicken ground meat combination for a lighter flavor. You can add aromatics such as cloves, thyme, parsley, and even rosemary if you like herbs. They all work well in this recipe.
Pair this slow-cooked cabbage rolls with light to medium-bodied red wines, a combination that would level up the dining experience. Here are our top choices for wines:
- Pinot Noir
- Cabernet Franc
Do you want a more personalized wine recommendation? Use Winosity’s wine recommendation engine and wine journal app to find a wine that suits you.