Delish Bruschetta with Mozzarella
Save to BigOven
- 1 large ripe organic heirloom tomato
- 1/2 small shallot, minced
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella cheese
- 8 basil leaves
- 1 tbsp capers
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices French bread, toasted
- Dice the tomato into pea-sized cubes and place into a small bowl.
- Finely mince the shallot.
- Dice the mozzarella cheese.
- Chop basil leaves.
- Add drained capers, along with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve on top of warm, toasted bread.
| Amount Per Serving: |
| Calories || 192.51 kcal |
| % Daily Value* |
| Total Fat 14.09 g || 21.7% |
| || Saturated Fat 5.42 g || 27.1% |
| || Trans Fat 0.0 g || |
| Cholesterol 25.23 mg || 8.4% |
| Sodium 315.64 mg || 13.2% |
| Total Carbohydrate 9.22 g || 3.1% |
| || Dietary Fiber 1.0 g || 4% |
| || Sugars 2.76 g || |
| Protein 7.79 g || |
| Vitamin A 8.32 % || Vitamin C 6.6 % |
| Calcium 17.9 % || Iron 4.3 % |
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2021 Winosity 2019
It’s always a perfect time to make this delicious bruschetta with mozzarella recipe. A delish appetizer recipe that can be put together ahead of time. An easy bruschetta with mozzarella appetizer that can be made in 10 minutes or less. A great snack, or meal starter.
The classic bruschetta recipe includes bread, olive oil, garlic, and a topping. It’s easy and very tasty, especially when you use crusty toasted French bread. Above all, the crunchiness of the toasted bread is the key to having the best bruschetta. But, if you prefer homemade bread to use in this recipe, you may check out our crusty French bread recipe.
You may also use other types of country-style bread such as sourdough bread if you prefer. Provolone cheese as a substitute for mozzarella would be great in this recipe. It has a similar appearance, flavor, and texture as mozzarella.
Medium-bodied red wines and bruschetta are a perfect match. Here are our top suggestions
- Cabernet Franc