- 1 tbsp active dry yeast
- 1 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- In a bowl, dissolve yeast into warm water.
- Let it sit and bloom for 5 minutes.
- Combine salt, half of the flour, garlic powder, and dried oregano in a large bowl.
- Make a well in the center of the flour and add the water-yeast combination.
- Combine until a rough dough forms.
- Dust the work surface with flour and knead the dough for 8 minutes.
- Divide the dough in 6 pieces.
- Form the dough into balls. Roll out dough balls into rounds about a quarter-inch thick.
- Let the rounds rest on a floured surface for 30 minutes to rise.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Flip the dough rounds over and transfer to a baking sheet.
- Bake until lightly golden.
© 2020 Winosity 2019
You can make a pita bread sandwich as a delicious snack that you can serve to everyone. This easy pita bread recipe is the solution to your Middle Eastern cravings. You can pair a range of fillings with this homemade pita bread.
Baking can be terrifying to some. But, it’s not as hard as you think. It’s amazing how exciting fresh bread can be. And you can enjoy it at home. Use this pita bread recipe as a bonding moment with your kids.
You can store the rested dough in the freezer for 3 long weeks. Just make it sure that it is wrapped well in cling film.
This grilled chicken salad is a perfect filling for this pita recipe. You may also dip a freshly baked pita bread round in a creamy Caramelized Onion Rémoulade.
Ground cumin would be an awesome substitute for the dried oregano. It will give the pita bread a warm and earthy flavor — which is true to the Middle Eastern inspiration of this recipe.
An garlic pita bread that you can pair with rosé wines to turn up a boring afternoon.
- Provencal Rosé
- Tempranillio Rosé
- Bandol Rosé
- Syrah Rosé