Save to BigOven
1 hour, 10 minutes
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup soya milk
- 2 1/2 cups wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 large apples
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Beat eggs and sugar with a mixer for 10 minutes.
- Add olive oil and beat for another 3 minutes.
- Add in milk and vanilla extract. Beat for another 2 minutes.
- Then add flour and baking powder.
- Mix well to get rid of lumps.
- Brush a 9-inch cake pan with olive oil.
- Add half of the batter to the pan.
- In a bowl, mix sliced apples, 2 tablespoons of brown sugar, walnuts, and cinnamon.
- Pour the apple mixture in the batter in the cake pan.
- Add the remaining batter and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
| Amount Per Serving: |
| Calories || 389.28 kcal |
| % Daily Value* |
| Total Fat 21.73 g || 33.4% |
| || Saturated Fat 3.63 g || 18.2% |
| || Trans Fat 0.01 g || |
| Cholesterol 64.03 mg || 21.3% |
| Sodium 98.14 mg || 4.1% |
| Total Carbohydrate 43.82 g || 14.6% |
| || Dietary Fiber 2.79 g || 11.2% |
| || Sugars 20.69 g || |
| Protein 6.28 g || |
| Vitamin A 4.26 % || Vitamin C 3.86 % |
| Calcium 11.17 % || Iron 11.55 % |
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2021 Winosity 2019
This walnut apple cake recipe is light and airy — loaded with fresh apples that are magically baked to perfection. You can serve this apple dessert recipe as a perfectly delicious snack for the whole gang.
The cake is done when it is golden brown on the top and it springs back when you press it firmly. You can top this cake with a nice scoop of whipped cream. Or, you can add a delicious buttercream frosting. The cake is best eaten within 2 days.
Make sure all the ingredients for the cake are at room temperature. Otherwise, the result won’t be as good. Freshly toasted, chopped pecans or almonds are optional, but would be an excellent addition to the cake recipe. A lemon glaze made of milk, powdered sugar, and lemon juice would be a wonderful topping too.
There are many kinds of apples in the market, but I suggest using one of the following:
Granny Smith Apples
You can also add slices of pears, this will add a delicious aroma and sweetness to the cake.
Accompany this cinnamon walnut apple cake with a sweet wine as a perfect refreshing wine pairing! Here are our top wine suggestions to pair with this cake recipe!
- Vin Santo
Do you want a more personalized wine recommendation? Use Winosity’s wine recommendation engine and wine journal app to find a wine that suits you.