: Undefined index: page in /home/n7f51c5/public_html/wp-content/plugins/zip-recipes-lover/_inc/class.ziprecipes.util.php
on line 502
Delicious Eggs and Tomato Casserole
Save to BigOven
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 4 cups diced ripe tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1/4 cup brown stock
- 6 eggs
- 1/8 cup chopped spring onions
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slowly heat olive oil in a 9x13 casserole dish.
- Sauté chopped onions for 2 minutes and add the garlic.
- Continue to stir for another minute.
- Add diced red bell pepper and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add cumin, paprika, and sugar; stir to combine.
- Add tomato paste and cook for another minute.
- Add diced tomatoes and stir to blend.
- Add chili powder, brown stock, and simmer for 10 minutes until reduced.
- Lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Crack the eggs one by one in a small bowl and add it slowly to the tomato mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Garnish with chopped spring onions before serving.
| Amount Per Serving: |
| Calories || 116.7 kcal |
| % Daily Value* |
| Total Fat 6.91 g || 10.6% |
| || Saturated Fat 1.75 g || 8.8% |
| || Trans Fat 0.02 g || |
| Cholesterol 160.26 mg || 53.4% |
| Sodium 406.0 mg || 16.9% |
| Total Carbohydrate 7.44 g || 2.5% |
| || Dietary Fiber 2.07 g || 8.3% |
| || Sugars 4.11 g || |
| Protein 7.08 g || |
| Vitamin A 15.55 % || Vitamin C 25.79 % |
| Calcium 4.78 % || Iron 9.21 % |
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2022 Winosity 2019
Looking for an easy breakfast casserole that could warm-up your mornings? Then, these eggs and tomato recipe is the perfect dish to make as a breakfast or a simple brunch idea. A delicious Middle Eastern egg dish is made with pantry staples.
Some people prefer that the egg yolks are runny, but its a personal decision. This egg recipe can be eaten not just for breakfast or brunch, but it can be eaten for lunch and dinner too. If you are serving this as a breakfast, you can pair it with crusty French bread or pita bread that can be dipped into the sauce.
If you don’t have a casserole pan, a cast-iron skillet would work just fine. A big fan of cheese? Then, add mozzarella cheese before you put it in the oven to make it even more interesting.
Whether you want it in the morning or not, this tasty eggs and tomato casserole recipe is an excellent light red wine pairing if you want to make it fancier. Check these wine suggestions:
- Pinot Noir