A great grilled fish recipe! Channel the Greek isles and grill your fish whole. A delicious fish recipe that can raise a simple dining experience to an exquisite level.
Greeks are known for their love of seafood. This fish dish is inspired by this delicious Mediterranean cuisine. Here, we grill the fish whole. But, you can cut off the head and tail before grilling if you wish.
When shopping for fresh fish here are a few simple tips to have in mind before shopping:
- Try and buy only local fresh seafood in your area.
- Look for bright clear eyes on the fish.
- Look at the fish, does it shine? Does it look clean? Is it dull, discolored? If so, don’t buy it.
- Smell it. A fish should smell like clean water or briny ocean water. Don’t buy a smelly fish.
- Finally, look at the gills. They should be bright red.
You may use fresh parsley if dill sprigs are unavailable at your local grocers. Grapefruit and other citrus fruits are a great alternative for the lemons and limes.
You can also try this dish with our creamy cucumber dip!
The greek-style grilled fish recipe can be savored with sparkling wines. Here are our top picks:
- Metodo Classico