Herbaceous Roasted Lemon Chicken
Save to BigOven
- 4 pounds of chicken breast
- 4 ounces onions
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 pieces lemon
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp grated lemon zest
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup white wine
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a bowl mix together mince rosemary sprigs, thyme, garlic, lemon zest, salt, and pepper.
- Pat the dry chicken breast and rub the herb mixture onto the entire surface of the chicken.
- Toss up diced onions over a deep baking tray.
- Lay chicken breasts onto diced onion.
- Add a cup of white wine to the pan.
- Roast for 45 minutes.
| Amount Per Serving: |
| Calories || 479.35 kcal |
| % Daily Value* |
| Total Fat 26.89 g || 41.4% |
| || Saturated Fat 9.74 g || 48.7% |
| || Trans Fat 0.47 g || |
| Cholesterol 160.41 mg || 53.5% |
| Sodium 666.14 mg || 27.8% |
| Total Carbohydrate 4.25 g || 1.4% |
| || Dietary Fiber 1.29 g || 5.2% |
| || Sugars 1.11 g || |
| Protein 47.84 g || |
| Vitamin A 11.89 % || Vitamin C 10.36 % |
| Calcium 5.24 % || Iron 11.94 % |
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2021 Winosity 2019
A roasted lemon chicken recipe that will be enjoyed by your guests especially if you are having a family gathering or even a party with your friends. Roast chicken is always a crowd-pleaser. This recipe uses white wine to add flavor and to keep the chicken breast moist.
You can add some cayenne powder or smoky paprika to add a smoky flavor. You can also, add some Yukon gold potatoes and sweet potatoes together with onions to add bulk and flavor to this roasted lemon chicken.
The following are white wines suitable for pairing with this delicious roasted chicken breast.
- Sauvignon Blanc
- Pinot Blanc
Do you want a more personalized wine recommendation? Use Winosity’s wine recommendation engine and wine journal app to find a wine that suits you.