Herby Roasted Sweet Potato and Sofrito
Save to BigOven
1 hour, 5 minutes
- 2 ounces white onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 ounces green bell pepper
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 29 ounces canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 3 ounces baby carrots
- 12 ounces Sweet Potato
- 5 sprigs Rosemary
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Mince the garlic and white onions
- Dice the green bell pepper
- Thinly slice the carrots and sweet potatoes
- Roughly chopped the shiitake mushrooms
- In a pan, heat 3 tbsp of oil and saute the white onions until translucent.
- Add the minced garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, green bell pepper, water, and paprika.
- Bring to a full boil and simmer for 5 mins.
- In a cast-iron skillet, saute the shiitake mushrooms for 3 minutes with no oil in order to release their nutty flavors.
- Add the remaining oil, baby carrots and sweet potatoes. Saute for another 2 minutes
- Add the rosemary sprigs, dried thyme and season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Add the sofrito, mix well and bring to a boil and put it in the preheated oven.
- Roast for 40 minutes.
| Amount Per Serving: |
| Calories || 200.95 kcal |
| % Daily Value* |
| Total Fat 9.9 g || 15.2% |
| || Saturated Fat 1.47 g || 7.4% |
| || Trans Fat 0.0 g || |
| Cholesterol 0.0 mg || 0 |
| Sodium 710.55 mg || 29.6% |
| Total Carbohydrate 27.48 g || 9.2% |
| || Dietary Fiber 6.62 g || 26.5% |
| || Sugars 10.32 g || |
| Protein 4.24 g || |
| Vitamin A 59.28 % || Vitamin C 30.82 % |
| Calcium 9.67 % || Iron 17.35 % |
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2021 Winosity 2019
Spanish sofrito is flavorful but easy to make. Try this roasted sweet potato instead of rice tonight. Or add some bacon and serve it as an entreé.
You may want to add fresh thyme rather than the dried to maximize the aroma and flavor. If you want some heat, you could also add some ground red pepper.
This little gem of a perfect roasted sweet potato recipe can be paired with light and crisp rosé wines that compliment the acidity of the tomatoes. Here are our top choices.
- Provencal Rose
- White Zinfandel
- Loire Valley Rose
You may also want to try this Delish Sweet Potato Curry!