Homemade Cauliflower Gnocchi
- 16 oz frozen cauliflower florets
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup of water
- 3/4 cup sunflower seeds (Pesto Sauce)
- 3/4 cup basil leaves (Pesto Sauce)
- 3/4 tbsp fresh dill (Pesto Sauce)
- 1 tbsp green onion (Pesto Sauce)
- 1 garlic clove (Pesto Sauce)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (Pesto Sauce)
- 2 tsp olive oil (Pesto Sauce)
- sea salt and pepper to taste (Pesto Sauce)
- Sunflower seeds and dill (Pesto Sauce)
- Bring a pot of water to boil over high heat.
- Add cauliflower and cook for 8 minutes, until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Lay cauliflower on a clean towel and allow it to cool for 10 minutes.
- Squeeze excess water out of cauliflower.
- Place cauliflower in a food processor.
- Pulse until it makes crumbles.
- Add flour and salt.
- Pulse lightly until a soft, sticky dough forms.
- Place dough on a floured work surface.
- Cut into 4 sections. Roll each section into a rope.
- Cut each rope into little gnocchi pieces.
- Blend sunflower seeds, dill, basil leaves, lemon juice, garlic and olive oil in a blender until a smooth and creamy Pesto. And set aside.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add a swizzle of oil and gnocchi and cook until browned.
- Add a splash of water to cook.
- Add pesto sauce to the pan with the gnocchi.
- Toss to combine.
© 2020 Winosity 2019
There are so many creative recipes with cauliflower; one of them is delicious vegetarian cauliflower gnocchi. This healthy gnocchi recipe is perfect for those who are following a strict low carb diet.
Gnocchi is a variety of pasta from Italy consisting of a soft dough made from flour, egg, cheese, and potato. Pair this with different sauces such as cheese or sausage gravy. It’s very versatile and can be paired with most ingredients. You can incorporate several herbs into this dish. You can also create different variations of the sauce if mushrooms aren’t your thing.
You can serve this Italian cauliflower gnocchi recipe with a good bottle of white wine. Here are our top choices for your consideration:
- Sauvignon Blanc
- Pinot Gris
- Pinot Blanc
Check this Vegetarian Cauliflower Soup!