Homemade Flatbread Pizza Recipe
Save to BigOven
- 2 cups all purpose flour (flatbread)
- 2 tsp baking powder (flatbread)
- 1 tsp kosher salt (flatbread)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda (flatbread)
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt (flatbread)
- 2 tbsp olive oil (flatbread)
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil (flatbread)
- 300 grams grape tomatoes (Toppings)
- 120 grams onion (Toppings)
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil (Toppings)
- 2 tsp dried oregano (Toppings)
- 125 grams mozzarella (Toppings)
- 2 cups fresh arugula (Toppings)
- 1 tsp Salt and pepper to taste (Toppings)
- 3 tbsp balsamic glaze for serving (Toppings)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
- Add yogurt and oil and mix well.
- Lightly flour a clean work surface.
- Transfer dough to surface and knead until smooth for 4 minutes.
- Add more flour if the dough is sticky.
- Divide dough into 3 pieces then roll each piece into 1/4" thick round.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium-high heat and add enough vegetable oil to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Cook flatbreads until golden on both sides, about 2 minutes per side.
- Continue cooking flatbreads, adding more vegetable oil as needed.
- In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, red onion, oil, and oregano and season with salt and pepper.
- Top each flatbread with cheese, tomato-onion mixture, and bake until cheese is melty for 15 minutes.
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze and top with arugula before serving.
| Amount Per Serving: |
| Calories || 599.15 kcal |
| % Daily Value* |
| Total Fat 31.2 g || 48% |
| || Saturated Fat 8.57 g || 42.9% |
| || Trans Fat 0.08 g || |
| Cholesterol 34.26 mg || 11.4% |
| Sodium 735.67 mg || 30.7% |
| Total Carbohydrate 60.24 g || 20.1% |
| || Dietary Fiber 3.66 g || 14.6% |
| || Sugars 8.14 g || |
| Protein 20.07 g || |
| Vitamin A 11.11 % || Vitamin C 15.56 % |
| Calcium 42.96 % || Iron 22.78 % |
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2021 Winosity 2019
A great flatbread pizza recipe that your kids will love! This easy pizza recipe is a perfect afternoon snack idea.
The dough can be prepared in advance. After it has risen, cover and place in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Then let the dough sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes before stretching out/shaping and topping. This is a yeastless flatbread recipe.
You may use whole wheat flour in this pizza recipe if you’re looking for a nuttier flavor and more fiber.You may want to top your pizza with fresh herbs such as oregano or basil. Adding roasted chicken slices would be a perfect idea to add more flavor and umami. Toasted garlic would also be nice to add some crunchy texture and garlicky flavor.
A healthy flatbread pizza recipe that can be savored with rosé wines as a tasty snack. Check these wine suggestions:
- Provencal Rosé
- Loire Valley Rosé
- Syrah Rosé
- Bandol Rosé
Check this Easy & Cheesy Beef-Flavored Pizza!
Do you want a more personalized wine recommendation? Use Winosity’s wine recommendation engine and wine journal app to find a wine that suits you.