: Undefined index: page in /home/n7f51c5/public_html/wp-content/plugins/zip-recipes-lover/_inc/class.ziprecipes.util.php
on line 502
Lamb and Pine Nuts Savory Pies
Save to BigOven
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 9 oz ground lamb
- 9 oz ground beef
- 5 oz onion
- 3 oz tomato
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1//4 cup butter for greasing the tart molds
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Whisk together wheat flour, self-rising flour, a teaspoon of salt, sugar, and dried rosemary.
- Add olive oil and water to make the dough come together.
- Knead for 5 minutes until it's smooth and elastic.
- Cover with a cling film and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- While waiting for the dough, make the filling.
- Combine all remaining ingredients until well-blended.
- Roll the rested dough on a floured surface.
- Divide the rolled dough into 18 parts.
- Roll out into 3 to 4-inch circles and flatten the balls using a rolling pin.
- Brush the mini-tart molds with butter
- Place the dough into a mini-tart mold
- Place one heaping tablespoon of meat filling.
- You can add a lattice art at the top of the filling to make it visually appealing.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove from the mold and serve hot.
| Amount Per Serving: |
4 pies each
| Calories || 1031.34 kcal |
| % Daily Value* |
| Total Fat 76.51 g || 117.7% |
| || Saturated Fat 28.73 g || 143.7% |
| || Trans Fat 1.68 g || |
| Cholesterol 152.59 mg || 50.9% |
| Sodium 827.57 mg || 34.5% |
| Total Carbohydrate 56.21 g || 18.7% |
| || Dietary Fiber 3.67 g || 14.7% |
| || Sugars 4.1 g || |
| Protein 31.17 g || |
| Vitamin A 22.85 % || Vitamin C 10.15 % |
| Calcium 16.59 % || Iron 36.55 % |
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2021 Winosity 2019
You must try this easy lamb recipe in a savory pies. A new way to turn humble ground lamb into a tasty appetizer that everyone will love! A lamb and pine nuts mini pie recipe that you can serve with a delicious bottle of red wine.
Some people are a bit afraid of lamb. For them, it’s too gamey. The key to fixing this problem is to pair it with spices that will complement the flavor of the meat. You can marinate the ground lamb and beef with the spices overnight. This will develop a more nuanced lamb flavor as each bit is coated with a delicious spice profile.
You can also add spices such as star anise, or five-spice to complement the flavor of the lamb and add more depth of flavor.
You may top this with pickled onions as a garnish that would elevate the flavors as well. A lamb and pine nuts mini savory pies recipe that you can serve with a delicious bottle of red wine. This savory appetizer can complement big red wines. Here are a few suggestions:
- Touriga Nacional