The wine option for this dish is Bodegas Naveran Brut Cava from northern Spain. We’re comparing the 2017 and the 2018 vintage.
These sparklings are Macabeo dominant like most Cava. Xarello is the second big grape in the blend. These wines taste like lemons with a lot of minerality.
The 17 is a bit richer since it’s aged one more year. It’s darker in color too. But both these crisp and light wines are both great with this rich, but light omelet. Notice
: Undefined index: page in /home/n7f51c5/public_html/wp-content/plugins/zip-recipes-lover/_inc/class.ziprecipes.util.php
on line 502
Save to BigOven
- 6 eggs
- 2 potatoes
- Two bell peppers
- ¼ cup oregano
- 4 tbsp butter
- One onion
- 6 oz ham
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mandolin potatoes and put in the oven for 40 minutes at 350 with salt and olive oil
- Chop the potatoes into a hash
- Sautee and chop the rest of the vegetables
- Whisk 6 eggs with melted butter, add herbs, salt and pepper
- Make layers in your pan or with a sleeve
- Start with potatoes, then peppers, then eggs, then ham. Press each layer to compact it.
- Bake in the preheated oven until eggs are set, 20 to 25 minutes.
| Amount Per Serving: |
| Calories || 193.34 kcal |
| % Daily Value* |
| Total Fat 10.89 g || 16.8% |
| || Saturated Fat 5.34 g || 26.7% |
| || Trans Fat 0.24 g || |
| Cholesterol 147.35 mg || 49.1% |
| Sodium 374.91 mg || 15.6% |
| Total Carbohydrate 14.95 g || 5% |
| || Dietary Fiber 3.1 g || 12.4% |
| || Sugars 2.52 g || |
| Protein 9.37 g || |
| Vitamin A 16.48 % || Vitamin C 56.14 % |
| Calcium 6.31 % || Iron 10.88 % |
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2021 Winosity 2019