Light & Delicious Banana Cake
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 ounces ripe bananas
- 2/3 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup shaved almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease and flour 2 pieces of 8 inch round pans.
- In a small bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Slowly beat the eggs into the creamed mixture.
- Mix the banana and beat slowly.
- Alternately add dry ingredients and milk.
- Add 1/4 cup each of walnuts and almonds; mix well.
- Pour the batter into prepared pans.
- Top with the remaining nuts.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool.
© 2020 Winosity 2019
Banana cake is delicious. With the right ingredients and correct cooking technique, it can be one of the best cakes you can make.
A simple recipe that can be mixed with others flavor to create a much more flavorful cake. You can add a teaspoon or two of cinnamon to have a spiced flavor. And you can add raisins for their wonderful texture. You can also add a sugar glaze and vanilla frosting to step-up the sweetness.
The following wines are our top suggestions if you feel the need to accompany this great banana cake recipe with a bottle of wines: