Now let’s talk about the wines. We have a Ribolla Gialla from Friuli Venezia, Giulia in northeast Italy, near the border with Slovenia. It’s a common grape in this part of Italy and Slovenia, but not seen much elsewhere.
It tastes of citrus fruit, apples and honey or honeysuckle, a nice compliment to the slightly sweet squash.
The second wine for this dish is a medium-bodied Garganega dominant white blend from 2018. It’s from the Veneto, right next door to Friuli Venezia-Giula.
It tastes like citrus, white pepper with a hint of ginger. This wine will be great with the toppings. Each wine picks up something in this dish. Notice
: Undefined index: page in /home/n7f51c5/public_html/wp-content/plugins/zip-recipes-lover/_inc/class.ziprecipes.util.php
on line 502
Loaded Acorn Squash
Save to BigOven
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 acorn squash
- 6 ounces of chorizo
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp powdered ginger
- 4 oz Brazil nuts
- Salt to taste
- Melt 1 tbsp of butter
- Toast brazil nuts until brown
- Coat with powdered ginger and salt
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- ½ large onion
- 1 granny smith apple
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp fresh mint
- 1 tsp cumin seed
- 1 tsp fennel seed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter
- Cut the squash into sections and remove the seeds.
- Wrap all the sections in foil with butter.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
- While baking shake the foil every few minutes to coat the sections with butter.
- Sautee the chorizo in a hot skillet until it looks like ground meat.
- Top the squash with chorizo, Brazil nuts and chutney.
- Melt 1 stick of butter in a big black skillet.
- Add shelled Brazil nuts.
- When they start to brown sprinkle well with powdered pinger.
- Stir often.
- When they stop browning remove from heat and sprinkle with kosher salt.
Fry The Spices Until Fragrant
- Caramelize the onions for 20 minutes on low in the skillet
- Add the apples and cook until soft, another 5 minutes
- Stir in sugar, salt, pepper and lemon juice and remove from the heat.
- Stir in fresh chopped herbs
- Serve slightly warm or at room temperature
| Amount Per Serving: |
| Calories || 270.72 kcal |
| % Daily Value* |
| Total Fat 22.32 g || 34.3% |
| || Saturated Fat 10.75 g || 53.8% |
| || Trans Fat 0.37 g || |
| Cholesterol 54.36 mg || 18.1% |
| Sodium 423.98 mg || 17.7% |
| Total Carbohydrate 9.62 g || 3.2% |
| || Dietary Fiber 1.29 g || 5.2% |
| || Sugars 0.01 g || |
| Protein 8.98 g || |
| Vitamin A 10.36 % || Vitamin C 10.54 % |
| Calcium 3.39 % || Iron 6.37 % |
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2021 Winosity 2019