Mushroom Spinach Quiche
1 hour, 5 minutes
- 1 pie crust (store-bought or homemade)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 8 oz cheddar cheese
- 5 oz gruyère cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz shitake mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic
- 6 oz baby spinach
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Unroll pie dough into a cast-iron pan.
- Prick all over with a fork.
- Blind bake pie dough for 12 minutes, remove and set aside.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Whisk together eggs, salt, pepper, and heavy cream.
- Stir in cheese and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter and add olive oil.
- Add slices of mushrooms and cook for 10 minutes
- Add minced garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Toss in spinach and cook until just wilted.
- Set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Stir the vegetable mixture into the egg mixture.
- Pour into the pie crust.
- Place onto a rimmed cookie sheet and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove and let it cool for a couple of minutes before serving.
© 2020 Winosity 2019
This tasty mushroom spinach quiche is so good with bold flavors perfect for a savory brunch. This egg quiche recipe is easy to make and a little easier on the waistline than any other homemade quiche.
What is quiche? A quiche is a savory custard usually made with a combination of eggs and cream. However, it can be made with a variety of different fillings including; meat, vegetables, cheeses, and seafood.
A few tasty additions for this recipe are sausages and ham. In addition, you may also add basil for a variation of greens in the quiche recipe.
If you are making your pie crust, check our Drunken Peach Pie Recipe for the homemade pie crust ingredients.
A great way to savor this mushroom spinach quiche recipe is to pair it with white wines. Here are our light white wine suggestions:
- Sauvignon Blanc
- Pinot Blanc