Those look like rustic deliciousness. Would you get into those?
And this rustic delight will be paired with two white ports. Both are
from Portugal and from the Douro Valley.
The Ferreira White Port has the stewed fruit woody or oaky flavors.
People also picked up licorice in this wine. It’s more delicate than you
might think given its color and age.
The other choice is the Fonseca Siroco White Port. This wine is a Notice
sipper. It’s smooth but intense with lots of oak character. If you’re
not used to fortified wines, you might find it strong. Using it in a
spritzer or aperitif cocktail is also a good option.
: Undefined index: page in /home/n7f51c5/public_html/wp-content/plugins/zip-recipes-lover/_inc/class.ziprecipes.util.php
on line 502
GRANMAMA WILSONS NAVY BEAN PIE
Save to BigOven
- 2 cup AP flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup frozen butter
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1 tsp rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 c. cooked mashed Navy or Yankee beans
- 1/2 c. butter (you may prefer margarine)
- 4 medium eggs (slightly beaten)
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ¼ sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- Sift the dry ingredients together in a bowl
- Grate butter into dry ingredients and combine with spoon.
- Sprinkle water over the mixture and mix into a dough
- Form the dough into a ball and let the dough rest for 15 minutes in the fridge to get completely hydrated.
- Roll out the dough on chilled surface so it’s longer than needed on all four sides.
- Line the bottom and sides of the pie pan with dough
- Pour in filling
- 350° until firm and lightly brown, about 35 minutes
- After pie is room temperature, dab away any wetness
- Completely top with brown sugar
- Use torch or broiler to create bruleé
| Amount Per Serving: |
| Calories || 796.46 kcal |
| % Daily Value* |
| Total Fat 50.92 g || 78.3% |
| || Saturated Fat 30.65 g || 153.3% |
| || Trans Fat 1.88 g || |
| Cholesterol 285.69 mg || 95.2% |
| Sodium 370.03 mg || 15.4% |
| Total Carbohydrate 71.93 g || 24% |
| || Dietary Fiber 2.72 g || 10.9% |
| || Sugars 22.63 g || |
| Protein 13.18 g || |
| Vitamin A 52.44 % || Vitamin C 5.13 % |
| Calcium 7.89 % || Iron 11.37 % |
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2021 Winosity 2019