Save to BigOven
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Bring the sugar, milk, butter, and cocoa to a simmer in a medium saucepan.
- Stirring occasionally, then let it boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir in oats, peanut butter, vanilla, and salt to combine.
- Drop a tablespoon of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Let sit at room temperature until cooled and hardened for 30 minutes.
| Amount Per Serving: |
| Calories || 165.08 kcal |
| % Daily Value* |
| Total Fat 8.25 g || 12.7% |
| || Saturated Fat 3.05 g || 15.3% |
| || Trans Fat 0.13 g || |
| Cholesterol 8.51 mg || 2.8% |
| Sodium 81.7 mg || 3.4% |
| Total Carbohydrate 21.37 g || 7.1% |
| || Dietary Fiber 1.45 g || 5.8% |
| || Sugars 14.6 g || |
| Protein 3.31 g || |
| Vitamin A 3.07 % || Vitamin C 0.0 % |
| Calcium 1.46 % || Iron 3.5 % |
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2021 Winosity 2019
This no bake cookie recipe is all you need for a summer afternoon snack idea. A yummy no bake cookie recipe that is almost impossible to mess up. This homemade cookie recipe will surely be a big hit with your kids and with cookie lovers.
The melting of sugar and stirring other ingredients are important in helping the cookies harden. When sugar cools back down to room temperature, it will harden. A candy thermometer will help in determining if the mixture is already cooked enough. Between 230 degrees to 240 degrees Fahrenheit is the optimal temperature for the sugar to melt completely.
Another factor is the butter and chocolate. Fats from the butter will coagulate once the temperature drops.
You can refrigerate the cookie dough in an airtight container for 3 days. You can add rice crispies or chopped nuts to this recipe. Adding a pinch of cinnamon would also be nice in these cookies.
You can savor these delicious snacks with a bottle of sweet wines for an excellent wine pairing. Check our wine suggestions:
- Chenin Blanc
- Late Harvest
Check this Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Do you want a more personalized wine recommendation? Use Winosity’s wine recommendation engine and wine journal app to find a wine that suits you.