Peppery Greek Beef Meatballs
Save to BigOven
- 15 ounces lean ground beef
- 1-ounce fresh oregano
- 1-ounce fresh mint
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 3 cloves garlic
- 12 ounces jar roasted red peppers
- 2 tsp lemon pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, mix the ground beef, chopped oregano, mint, minced parsley, chopped red peppers, salt, feta cheese, and lemon juice.
- Mix in the cheese until no large crumbles remain.
- Using a 2-ounce scoop to measure, roll into 16 balls and place on a large baking tray.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
| Amount Per Serving: |
| Calories || 106.25 kcal |
| % Daily Value* |
| Total Fat 7.47 g || 11.5% |
| || Saturated Fat 3.46 g || 17.3% |
| || Trans Fat 0.31 g || |
| Cholesterol 27.21 mg || 9.1% |
| Sodium 149.28 mg || 6.2% |
| Total Carbohydrate 3.76 g || 1.3% |
| || Dietary Fiber 1.3 g || 5.2% |
| || Sugars 1.43 g || |
| Protein 6.44 g || |
| Vitamin A 6.35 % || Vitamin C 43.94 % |
| Calcium 9.0 % || Iron 9.44 % |
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2021 Winosity 2019
These aren’t burgers, but rather well-rounded distant cousins. This beef meatballs recipe is based on a Greek flavor profile. These meatballs are so flavor-packed.
You can serve them in a gravy made with their juices or with your choice of marinara sauce, mushroom pan gravy, or even cucumber raita. Try serving these on a nest of warm orzo pasta with some extra-virgin olive oil. You can add a teaspoon of cumin and ground coriander for more flavorful and spiced meatballs. Ground lamb is also a perfect substitute for ground beef for a deeper flavor and enhanced umami.
Medium to full-bodied red wine is the perfect accompaniment for this beef meatballs recipe. Here are our top wine suggestions that you can try with this meatball recipe: