Save to BigOven
- 1 lb bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 tomato
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp grapeseed oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- Crush garlic
- Chop Cilantro
- Dice tomato
- Slice onions into crescents and place in a bowl with vinegar. Set aside for 30 minutes
- Brown chicken skin side down on high heat in the oil until the skin is crisp and browned. About 5 minutes. The skin should release from the pan when cooked through.
- Turn chicken over, reduce heat to medium and add garlic. paprika and salt. Cook for about 25 minutes until the meat is cooked through.
- Before serving, toss chicken with tomatoes, drained onions, lime juice, and cilantro or serve salsa on the side.
| Amount Per Serving: |
| Calories || 287.85 kcal |
| % Daily Value* |
| Total Fat 20.15 g || 31% |
| || Saturated Fat 5.27 g || 26.4% |
| || Trans Fat 0.1 g || |
| Cholesterol 111.13 mg || 37% |
| Sodium 243.82 mg || 10.2% |
| Total Carbohydrate 5.55 g || 1.9% |
| || Dietary Fiber 0.99 g || 4% |
| || Sugars 1.78 g || |
| Protein 19.55 g || |
| Vitamin A 6.69 % || Vitamin C 12.72 % |
| Calcium 2.64 % || Iron 6.9 % |
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2021 Winosity 2019
This dish covers all of the taste bases. It’s got the umami of crispy chicken skin, the herbaceousness of cilantro and onions, and even a hint of vinegar. This is a satisfying chicken dish.
If you want to add more flavor, try adding a bit of cumin while the chicken is cooking. It will give a nice earthy note to the dish.
Chicken is excellent with white wine. I’d suggest an aromatic white with this dish. Here are our suggestions below.
Do you want a more personalized wine recommendation? Use Winosity’s wine recommendation engine and wine journal app to find a wine that suits you.