Simplified Apple Pie Recipe
1 hour, 15 minutes
2 hours, 10 minutes
- 3 lbs apples
- 1 tbsp grapefruit juice
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Store-bought Pie Crust dough
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon cream
- 1 cup sweet wine
- Peel, core, and slice the apples into chunks.
- Sprinkle the sliced apples with grapefruit juice.
- Combine sugar, flour, and spices in a bowl.
- Add the flour mixture to the apple slices.
- Use your hands to distribute the flour through the apples so they are well coated.
- Stir in sweet wine and vanilla extract to coat all the apples.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Meanwhile: Gently place the pie crust dough into a 9-inch pie plate.
- Add apples to pie pan.
- Roll out the top crust and place over apples.
- Roll out the second disk of dough to 12-inches. Gently place the second round of pie dough over the apples.
- Trim excess dough with kitchen shears.
- Press the top and bottom dough rounds together as you flute edges using thumb and forefinger or press with a fork.
- Combine egg yolk and cream and brush the mixture to the top layer of the pie.
- Bake the pie at 375°F until the crust begins to lightly brown about 20 minutes.
- Then reduce heat to 350°F for 35 minutes.
- Serve slightly warm with sweet wines.
© 2020 Winosity 2019
Make this homemade apple pie recipe for any occasion! You will love this sweet pie with its flaky pie crust and delicious apple filling.
Apple pie is the favorite dessert of many. According to PriceOnomics, “While pie was being consumed in Europe in the 14th century, the first instance of its consumption in America wasn’t recorded until 1697. When it was brought over by Swedish, Dutch, and British immigrants.
This delicious pie is such an easy dessert to make. Still, many people are intimidated by it. This pie recipe is very simple. So, you need to create the best and delicious pie recipe.
There are several types of apples in the market, but I suggest using one of the following:
- Granny Smith Apples
- Golden Delicious
You can savor this delicious dessert with the best sweet wines. Here are our top wine suggestions to pair with this pie recipe!
- Vin Santo
Check this American favorites: Homemade Cornbread & Cheesy Spaghetti and Meatballs