It’s pretty customary to start a meal with bread, right? But, how often do you get fresh ham biscuits at the beginning of a family meal? They aren’t hard to make. But, you just have to be a bit precise to make sure they come out the way you want.
The name of this dish is pretty self-explanatory. These are flaky biscuits with bits of ham in them. If you have extra ham leftover, this is a great way to use it. These biscuits are great with butter, honey, or even lightly sweetened preserves.
You can use lard if you don’t feel like using butter in this recipe. Smoked paprika is a great addition to the dish. You can also use a special variety of ham like hickory-smoked ham and Prosciutto also.
Soup and bread is the most classic of food pairings. Check out these three soup recipes to serve with these biscuits:
- Cheesy Broccoli Soup
- Leek and Potato Soup with Thyme and Yogurt
- Chilled Goat’s Milk Soup
- Southern Homemade Vegetable Soup
This is a great appetizer to pair with the best light red wines. Here is a list of wine suggestions to pair with these ham biscuits.
- Pinot Noir
Do you want a more personalized wine recommendation? Use Winosity’s wine recommendation engine to find a wine that suits you.
With Winosity you can:
1. Find value wines in just a few minutes. The recommendation engine is based on your wine price and taste preferences.
2. Find wines with the flavors that you like. You can browse our list of 500,000 wines so you can search for the flavors and styles you like best.
3. Find wines you’ll love without having to sift through mounds of information. We provide you ten recommendations based on your preferences. You can further filter additional critieria if you want.
Get results in just a few seconds. Never buy a wine you hate again with Winosity.