Spaghetti alla Puttanesca
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 oz anchovy fillets
- 29 oz canned whole plum tomatoes
- 1 cup pitted black olives
- 2 tbsp capers
- 17 oz spaghetti
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- Bring a pot of water to boil and add salt.
- Warm 2 tablespoons of oil with chopped garlic and anchovies in a skillet over medium-low heat.
- Cook and stir occasionally until garlic is lightly golden.
- Add tomatoes and crush with a fork.
- Raise heat to medium-high and cook and stir occasionally for 10 minutes.
- Stir in olives, capers, red pepper flakes, and continue to simmer.
- Cook pasta until it is tender but not mushy.
- Toss with sauce and remaining tablespoon of oil.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
© 2020 Winosity 2019
This spaghetti alla puttanesca is a classic Italian dinner recipe perfect for those who want to eat delicious comfort food. You can serve this easy spaghetti recipe as an afternoon snack idea.
You can amp up this dish with chopped broccolini for a wonderfully crunchy texture. Adding crispy bacon bits would elevate this simple and delicious Italian dish even more. Fresh herbs such as oregano, basil, and parsley are perfect with this recipe.
A simple Italian recipe that can be savored with white wine.
- Sauvignon Blanc
Check out this Simple Bacon & Garlic Pasta!