Steamed Clams in White Wine
Save to BigOven
8 oz portion
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 medium-sized shallot
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 cup White wine
- 2 lbs littleneck clams
- 1 lemon
- Spring onions for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start by mincing the garlic and onions.
- Clean and scrub the clams.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the minced shallots and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add red pepper flakes and the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Stir continuously.
- Add in the clams and the white wine and stir.
- Cover and bring it to a boil and simmer for 7 minutes.
- Once done, turn off the heat add the lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Stir and add the spring onions and serve.
| Amount Per Serving: |
8 oz portion
| Calories || 324.35 kcal |
| % Daily Value* |
| Total Fat 9.04 g || 13.9% |
| || Saturated Fat 1.38 g || 6.9% |
| || Trans Fat 0.03 g || |
| Cholesterol 68.04 mg || 22.7% |
| Sodium 1368.96 mg || 57% |
| Total Carbohydrate 15.0 g || 5% |
| || Dietary Fiber 1.23 g || 4.9% |
| || Sugars 2.22 g || |
| Protein 34.11 g || |
| Vitamin A 23.01 % || Vitamin C 10.72 % |
| Calcium 11.16 % || Iron 23.79 % |
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2021 Winosity 2019
A steamy bowl of clams in white wine is very centering. It’s also a very hands-on dish, where you tear the clams out of the shells. I also like crusty bread to dip into the dish.
Our version of the dish is a bit spicy. You can omit the red pepper flakes if you don’t feel like putting some heat in the dish. You may also add some ginger for a more aromatic flavor to the dish. Also, you can twist this dish by toasting the garlic to make it crispy and add it at the end as a garnish for a perfect clams in white wine.
You can use and pair this dish with white wines that are light and herbaceous. Clams and white wines are a perfect match. See below for our white wine recommendation for this dish:
Do you want a more personalized wine recommendation? Use Winosity’s wine recommendation engine and wine journal app to find a wine that suits you.