Save to BigOven
- 10 large Belleville sorrel leaves
- 1/2 cup blue cheese diced
- 1/3 cup yellow onion diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1.5 cups of prunes
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Mix all ingredients except sorrel.
- Cut rib out of the sorrel leaf and cut in half lengthwise.
- Place two halves of the sorrel leaf perpendicular to each other and on top of each other.
- Wrap about 1 oz of a mix in the top sorrel leaf, then wrap again in the other leaf. This is similar to the way you roll a dolma.
- Place tightly in a pan. Place each roll with the flap side down.
- Bake for 15 minutes until warm.
| Amount Per Serving: |
| Calories || 227.42 kcal |
| % Daily Value* |
| Total Fat 4.91 g || 7.6% |
| || Saturated Fat 2.77 g || 13.9% |
| || Trans Fat || |
| Cholesterol 10.12 mg || 3.4% |
| Sodium 241.42 mg || 10.1% |
| Total Carbohydrate 44.85 g || 15% |
| || Dietary Fiber 7.85 g || 31.4% |
| || Sugars 21.15 g || |
| Protein 7.2 g || |
| Vitamin A 69.14 % || Vitamin C 48.4 % |
| Calcium 30.57 % || Iron 23.08 % |
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2021 Winosity 2019
Stuffed Sorrel Leaves: Fine edible leaves stuffed with flavor-bombs: this dish is Turkish in origin and creates a lovely smack to your palate.
The bright green sorrel leaves will turn to a muted green when cooked and develop a wonderful texture and flavor with the stuffing. You can use red onions for a tangy and sharp flavor. A teaspoon of chili flakes will create a delightful heat that contrasts with the creaminess and the sharpness of the blue cheese. You can also add freshly ground black pepper to add some heat to the stuffing.
Cheese and wines are always the perfect match. Here are the top wines that go so well with the creaminess and the sharpness of the blue cheese:
- Cabernet Franc