Tasty Beef Chop Suey Recipe
Save to BigOven
- 2 oz head cabbage
- 4 oz head cauliflower
- 2 oz carrots
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 oz red bell pepper
- 3 oz yellow bell pepper
- 4 oz sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp water
- 3/4 cup beef stock
- 2 oz young corn
- 2 oz red onions
- 12 oz beef tenderloin
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 whole lemon
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine thinly sliced beef tenderloin, soy sauce, sesame oil, and juice of 1 lemon.
- Marinate for 5 minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet or wok.
- Fry slices of beef for 1 minute and remove to set aside.
- Add 3 tablespoons of oil.
- Sauté minced onions and garlic for 1 minute.
- Add shiitake mushrooms, red and yellow bell peppers.
- Continue stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add cauliflower florets, carrot slices, and beef stock.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add chopped young corn, oyster sauce, and thin slices of cabbage. Simmer for another 3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until fully combined.
- Add to the vegetables to thicken.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- And finally, before serving, mix the fried beef into the vegetables.
| Amount Per Serving: |
| Calories || 442.79 kcal |
| % Daily Value* |
| Total Fat 31.9 g || 49.1% |
| || Saturated Fat 7.62 g || 38.1% |
| || Trans Fat 0.05 g || |
| Cholesterol 72.29 mg || 24.1% |
| Sodium 1188.61 mg || 49.5% |
| Total Carbohydrate 19.33 g || 6.4% |
| || Dietary Fiber 4.07 g || 16.3% |
| || Sugars 5.41 g || |
| Protein 21.86 g || |
| Vitamin A 17.37 % || Vitamin C 106.97 % |
| Calcium 7.06 % || Iron 13.4 % |
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2021 Winosity 2019
Wonder why this beef chop suey recipe is so satisfying? This family dinner idea is based on American-Chinese cuisine, which is a combination of two delicious recipes — fried beef and chop suey recipes. You must try this beef and vegetable recipe for your next family meal.
Chop Suey is a stir-fried vegetable dish that is cooked with meat such as chicken and pork. But, this recipe takes the route of adding fried beef as a substitute for chicken or pork. This is a cool way of incorporating two recipes without too much hassle in the kitchen. It is an easy and tasty way to use up all those ingredients in the fridge.
You can substitute cauliflower for broccolini or other vegetables for a tasty and crisp flavor. You can also substitute shiitake mushrooms for sliced button mushrooms for a slightly more earthy flavor.
This dish is excellent served with a bowl of piping hot jasmine rice. However, you can serve this over hot egg noodles as well.
Savor this delicious beef chop suey recipe with a good bottle of red wine. Check out these wine suggestions:
- Cabernet Franc
Check this delicious Asian beef recipes:
Saucy Mongolian Beef Stir-Fry
Filipino Beef Stew — An Asian Style Stew
Sweet Stir-Fry Beef Broccoli