The Best Grilled Chicken Breast
Save to BigOven
- 16 ounces Chicken Breast
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- In a bowl, whisk together olive oil, honey, dried herbs, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, and hoisin sauce
- Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Prepare the chicken breast, and toss with the marinade mixture.
- Marinate the chicken for at least 10 minutes and up to overnight.
- Grill the chicken breast and baste it with the marinade.
- Cook for 6 minutes per side.
- Serve over roasted potatoes or piping hot jasmine rice.
| Amount Per Serving: |
| Calories || 293.36 kcal |
| % Daily Value* |
| Total Fat 14.25 g || 21.9% |
| || Saturated Fat 3.56 g || 17.8% |
| || Trans Fat 0.12 g || |
| Cholesterol 72.81 mg || 24.3% |
| Sodium 353.35 mg || 14.7% |
| Total Carbohydrate 15.81 g || 5.3% |
| || Dietary Fiber 0.67 g || 2.7% |
| || Sugars 13.34 g || |
| Protein 24.16 g || |
| Vitamin A 4.69 % || Vitamin C 0.25 % |
| Calcium 3.21 % || Iron 8.86 % |
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2021 Winosity 2019
Grilled chicken can be a boring food considering that it is easy to dry out and overcook. It is just pure lean meat, with not much fat to keep it juicy. However if you have the right ingredients and condiments, then grilled chicken will be flavorful and tasty.
Marinating the chicken breast with different flavors will increase its flavor profile. Marinating the chicken breast for 24 hours is the perfect amount to have a flavorful and tastiest grilled chicken. If you are running out of time, then just 10 minutes will also work as long as you baste it during the grilling process to keep it moist and flavorful.
You can add a couple of herbs and spices if you want it to as well. Adding some dried oregano and dried parsley is a good idea. Even adding a teaspoon of turmeric will give a vibrant vibe.
This grilled chicken recipe is best paired with light red wines especially the following:
- Pinot Noir
Do you want a more personalized wine recommendation? Use Winosity’s wine recommendation engine and wine journal app to find a wine that suits you.