Notice: Undefined index: page in /home/n7f51c5/public_html/wp-content/plugins/zip-recipes-lover/_inc/class.ziprecipes.util.php on line 502
Vegetarian Cauliflower Soup
Save to BigOven
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 oz white onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2 sprigs Rosemary
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Begin by prepping the cauliflower. Remove the outer leaves and trim off the stem. Quarter the cauliflower and roughly chop the florets and then thinly slice the core.
- Dice the onions.
- Heat oil in a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Add the chopped onions and saute until translucent.
- Add in the chopped cauliflower, vegetable stock, garlic, and rosemary, and stir.
- Bring to a boil and, then back off to a simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the rosemary sprigs.
- Using an immersion blender, puree the soup until smooth.
- Stir in the milk, simmer for 2 minutes.
- And season with salt and pepper.
| Amount Per Serving: |
| Calories || 91.2 kcal |
| % Daily Value* |
| Total Fat 6.92 g || 10.6% |
| || Saturated Fat 1.2 g || 6% |
| || Trans Fat 0.0 g || |
| Cholesterol 0.0 mg || 0 |
| Sodium 605.76 mg || 25.2% |
| Total Carbohydrate 6.87 g || 2.3% |
| || Dietary Fiber 2.55 g || 10.2% |
| || Sugars 1.88 g || |
| Protein 2.24 g || |
| Vitamin A 0.63 % || Vitamin C 43.05 % |
| Calcium 16.91 % || Iron 4.66 % |
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2021 Winosity 2019
This creamy cauliflower soup recipe is easy to make and super delicious. It’s also a low-carb dish. You’ll love it.
You can top this cauliflower soup recipe more typical toppings such as croutons or crackers. But fried tofu and roasted chickpeas would also be nice in it. In the simmering process, you can add star anise, to add some additional herbaceous notes too.
For the wine pairing, this vegetarian soup can be paired with white or rosé wines. But, our suggestion is rosé. These rose wines resemble the flavors of light red wines but with a crisper taste. Here are the top picks for rosé wines that can be paired with this cauliflower soup.
- Provencal Rosé
- Syrah Rosé
- Bandol Rosé